Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Very First Glossybox!

Recently I cancelled my MyGlam/Ipsy membership and signed up with Glossybox instead. It's more expensive ($21/month instead of $12 or $10 or whatever MyGlam was) but from what I saw on the internet, the products that Glossybox offers seemed to be more suited to me. One of the things that I didn't like about MyGlam/Ipsy was that the products seemed to be more for a party lifestyle. For a younger generation. I am 34 years old, a boring geriatric lady, I don't have a use for gold glitter nail stickers or fur-trimmed fake lashes or red lip gloss with chunky glitter in it.

The first awesome thing about the Glossybox is the box it comes in. It's sturdy and heavy duty, perfect for using for wrapping gifts or storage, even. I was getting sick of the flimsy, small cosmetic bags that the monthly MyGlam products came in. You can only have so many cosmetic bags. I was a member for a year, so I had a dozen of them stocked up.


When you open the box, the products are beautifully wrapped. I will be saving the tinsel for wrapping gifts.


Now, on to the products....the first thing we have is this Sebastian Potion 9 Styling Treatment. It's a great sized sample, 1.7 ounces. The full size is 5 ounces. "Style your hair into multiple looks with flexible hold". I am getting a haircut soon, as soon as I recover some of the money I foolishly and violently gambled away in Laughlin this past weekend...but I will probably wait to try this product until I get the haircut. I will report back.



Here we have a full size bottle of the new "Liquid Sand" OPI nail polish. I'm gonna be honest, I don't wear purple on my fingernails. Nor do I like any sort of funky texture on my fingernails. I'll do pretty much anything on my toenails, though, so I'll be sporting this on my feets.



This is Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum. It's a tube, and it has .17 oz in it. Probably about 4 uses. I think that's plenty to decide if you like it or not. I recently found out I have large pores (I looked in the mirror one day last week and THERE THEY WERE. Then I realized that they had probably ALWAYS been there, and I was just used to them, and everyone else probably already knew about my large pores and in fact probably have had conversations about them when I leave. Like, "When is she going to realize that we could go swimming in her pores?!?) and so I think that this product will help with that. It says it controls shine, and has 24 hour antioxidant protection. (sorry about the blurry picture. Geez, it makes me dizzy.)


My favorite item in this box is the full size Tarte Natural Beauty lip gloss. I had been wanting to try this anyway, and the retail price is $21, so that paid for my box right there. The applicator is a click-brush style, just like the Stila Lipshine lip glosses, if you are familiar with those. The color is a sheer cherry color, I love it. It's a tad sticky, but I expected that as these types or lip glosses are often sticky. I am not 100% nuts about the taste..or lack of, I should say. I was hoping for a berry or mint taste. It just has a faint makeup-y smell/taste to it. This is supposed to be pretty moisturizing, which is cool. It's also super natural if you care about that kind of thing. I don't. Bring on the chemicals, is what I say.


Now we have a vial of Narciso Rodriquez For Her perfume. I was actually already familiar with this perfume and I like it, so I was happy to have a travel size now. When I saw this little box, I thought that it would be bigger than a vial. I got tricked, however. Just a vial.


This is a mini mascara. Lancome Sumptous Extreme Multiplying Volume mascara. I like to try new mascaras but I don't like paying for them, so this is good. It's in Extreme Black.



The last product is a packet of Le Metier de Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution moisturizer, SPF 30. I am a little bit afraid to try this because the retail of the full size (1.2 oz) is $225. What if I love it?!? How will I ever live without it?? (picture above, with the vial of perfume)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this box. yes, there was a packet and a vial, but the two full size products and the generous samples of the other products made up for it. I'm looking forward to getting my next Glossybox!

No comments:

Post a Comment