Tuesday, April 16, 2013

L'oreal Total Repair 5

I read about this product in a magazine. I spotted it at Target and picked it up for $5.99. It's a hair mask by L'oreal that supposedly erases a year of damage in one use. The full name is L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm.

My hair is disgustingly damaged right now. Once it gets to a certain length, it starts breaking off at the ends. Well, it's been at that length for like 4 months now. I DESPERATELY need a haircut. You'll all be happy to know that it's happening next week. I'm tired of looking scraggly and gross.

I looked on the jar to see why it's called "Total Repair 5".  It's supposed to instantly repair the 5 signs of damage, which are Split Ends, Weak, Rough, Dull, and Dehydrated. My hair is certainly all of these things.

The directions say to apply to wet hair and let set for 3-5 minutes, then rinse. It has a nice fruity smell to it and goes on nice and thick. It's in a jar, which I like. You can really scoop it out that way. I probably used 3 times the recommended use, but I felt like I needed 3 times the help.

This is good stuff, but it's not miraculous. My hair was definitely smoother, softer, and shinier after use. It didn't really last, though, even until that same evening. I understand that these products aren't designed to offer permanent results, but I at least expect until the next shampoo, especially since I didn't even do any heat styling between shampoos.

In my opinion, the H2O hair masque is a much better product. Must be that extra "Q".

No comments:

Post a Comment