Friday, December 21, 2012

CHOCOLATE DIPPED REALLY GOOD COOKIES

I'm not much of a baker, but today my son wanted to make cookies. I didn't have any chocolate chips, or peanut butter, or much of anything, really. I did have a bunch of Hershey's Kisses. (thanks, great-aunt Betty Lou!) so, I made these. They are so delicious. I don't think they'll last past tonight. I will be making more tomorrow.

CHOCOLATE DIPPED REALLY GOOD COOKIES

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 tsp shortening (MUST be shortening and not butter or margarine. My shortening was butter flavored. This could have contributed to the general awesomeness of this cookie.)
unwrapped Hershey's Kisses (I probably had 20 or so)

First of all let me tell you how weird it is that I actually have shortening. Totally random, happened to get some extra from my mother in law after we baked holiday cookies this year. Shortening is totally not something that is on my regular grocery list. It does remind me of when my dad would buy big 'ol cans of Crisco. We'd use it to grease cake pans and also to pop popcorn on the stove. OKAY OKAY here is the recipe.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

You'll need two mixing bowls.

In one bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Set bowl aside. In the other bowl, beat the butter, both sugars, and vanilla. Then add the eggs and beat again. Gradually add the flour while beating. Lots of beating happening here. Drop teaspoon sized balls onto a cookie sheet that is either greased or parchment papered.

Bake 9-11 minutes.

In the meantime, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the shortening and Kisses for 1 minute. Stir till smooth. After the cookies are cooled, dip half of the cookie into the chocolate. Set in the fridge to cool/set.

Then stuff them all into your face.

 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=8af6a58014&view=att&th=13bbf65cd903c13e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8MVUzuXOBaGtfijrvOwXQh&sadet=1356126050313&sads=TqSCRmJTwoFUdbWk3GJtIioOh8w&sadssc=1

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment