Monday, December 17, 2012

KATE SOMERVILLE EXFOLIKATE

I'm back! I know, back for my 2nd post in a year. It's crazy how much blogging I do, I'm sure you can barely keep up. You are probably still trying to digest my post from late April, and here I am again already in December, posting ANOTHER POST.

Anyway, I have been a member of various beauty subscriptions over the year, such as Birchbox and MyGlam/Ipsy. I also am a sucker for the "spend one million dollars, we'll give you 8 sample packets" deals. This means that I have two baskets filled with various trial sized products. I need to start using these. I tend to just hoard them like a rat, and there's no reason for that.

So. I bring you. THE DAILY PRODUCT REVIEW. I'm certain all two of you are very excited about this.

The first product I am reviewing is Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.

I had a small one-use packet of this, and I used it before my shower last night.



The first thing I noticed when I ripped it open was that it was green. Swamp green, and gritty. The next thing I noticed was the smell. It was GLORIOUS. It smells like a holiday candle....maybe some balsam fir with some orange and clove spice. I loved it. I glanced at the directions quickly. (I am really trying to get into the habit of doing this. Once I used a whole tube of Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner without realizing you weren't supposed to use shampoo before it.) The directions said to rub in a circular motion on WET skin, and then leave on for up tp two minutes.

The grains in this product are not too big and not too small. They are effective, though. As I was rubbing I felt as if I was actually removing dead skin, which is the whole point. After I rubbed, I turned the shower on, got in, and rinsed it off after I shampooed, so it was about 2 minutes. By the end of the two minutes it was getting tingly/prickly-feeling.

My face felt AMAZING after I rinsed. For real. By the time I got out of the shower, I had already decided that I would be ordering this bad boy. And that I did. I looked it up on Sephora later that day. It's too bad I fell in love with the product because I learned that 5 ounces of it costs a whopping one hundred and seventy five dollars. Two ounces is a more reasonable (??) eighty-five dollars, and half an ounce will run you a mere $19. Now, I'm pretty sure that half an ounce is the same as getting maybe two or three more sample packets, but I ordered it anyway. My face seriously looks like it had a facial this morning, 15 hours after I used the exfoliant. The directions recommend using it twice a week. If I can make half an ounce last a month, then I would consider the price to be worth it. I will let you know how it goes.

Sephora calls this product an "at-home-facial" and claims tthat this is Kate Somerville's most popular product. It uses fruit enzymes to remove dead cells and eliminate bacteria. Its good for all skin types except very sensitive skin.

As an aside, I used the code "YOURGIFT" at Sephora and was able to pick a Deluxe Sample. I chose a Jack Black Shave Soap to put in my dude's stocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment