Tuesday, December 18, 2012

L'OCCITANE SHOWER OIL

One of my recent samples was a one ounce bottle of L'Occitane Shower Oil. Actually, the full name of it is L'Occitane Huile de Douche d'Amande.

 I have used travel sized L'Occitane products before and one thing that has bothered me is that the caps are always hard to remove. This was no different. WTF. So annoying. 

This "shower oil" claimed to lather up. It doesn't, really. It's more like a filmy soap, as opposed to the lather you get with many body washes. The smell was pleasant. It smells like a spa, in my opinion. Fresh and clean. I found out after using it that the "d'Amande" part means Almond. It didn't smell anything at all like almonds,as far as I'm concerned. The ingredient list includes "sweet almond oil", so I guess it isn't all lies.

My skin felt fine after using this. Not super soft, just normal soft. I would use this again, to use up my sample, but I don't think I'd run out and buy it. An 8.4 ounce bottle retails for $24.00 on Amazon. That's a pretty decent price, but I don't like to spend that much on body wash/body soap. It just gets rinsed off immediately, right?

I think this would be a great product for hotel rooms. Actually, that's what I associate L'Occitane products with...hotel rooms. They are just fancy enough so that you feel like you are being spoiled at The Sheraton (disclaimer: I don't actually know if Sheraton uses L'Occitane. Probably not, would be my guess. Maybe they should?)



Overall, there is nothing wrong with this product but in my opinion, no reason to rush out and buy it.

P.S. It just occurred to me that this would make a great shaving cream. I think that's what I'll use the rest of the sample for.

No comments:

Post a Comment