Friday, March 1, 2013

H2O+ Spa Hair Repair Seaweed Masque

I stopped at Marshall's the other day to check out the beauty product selection. I do this every couple weeks...mostly I look for Philosophy products, but every now and then I find something else that I'm excited to try for cheap. This day I spotted the H2O+ Spa Hair Repair Seaweed Masque. My hair has been feeling pretty gross and dry lately. This was $5.99 at Marshall's. The Marshall's tag says the retail price is $12, but when I looked it up on Amazon, it was selling for almost $16. So this was practically free.


The package says "A moisture intensive treatment for hair damaged by sun, heat, saltwater or chlorine." My hair is damaged by none of these things. I live in Minnesota. We haven't seen the sun since September. My hair is damaged by curling irons and being inside with the dry air.

Now, this contains Panthenol. This is an ingredient that every hairstylist I've ever known says "STAY AWAY FROM THIS". They always bring up Pantene. They say "Don't use Pantene, it has Panthenol." You know what, though? Pantene makes my hair look AWESOME. I freaking LOVE Pantene. So screw 'em. Do what works for you. My point is, if you are a member of the Panthenol Avoidance Cult, this product is not for you.

The instructions say that you can use this as a conditioner, or as a masque. (hoity toity way of spelling "mask" "masques" are generally more expensive than "masks" Those Qs must run a pretty penny) So far I have only used it as a conditioner, I haven't had time for the masque. For the conditioner you leave it in for 3 minutes before rinsing. For the masque you leave it in for 10 minutes, after shampooing and towel drying. I will try that eventually, but expending the energy to get into the shower is hard enough. Getting in, getting out, and getting in again to rinse?!? Jesus. You've got to be kidding me.

Used as a conditioner, I LOVED the results. I really like the smell...it's very spa-like, kind of woodsy, fresh and green. I could still smell it in my hair 2 days after I used it. When I rinsed the product out, my hair didn't feel all that soft. In fact, it kind of had that "squeaky clean" feel to it. I admit, I thought "This product is probably a joke." Then my hair dried. It was SO SOFT. And shiny. Ridiculously shiny. Much like.....a Pantene model's hair. Hmmmmmm. Anyway, I kept picking up a hunk of hair and just staring at the light reflecting off it.

Love this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment